Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Jazzy!



Fair Isle Jazz, made from Elann Peruvian Highland Wool (five balls of Deep Blue Sea, one ball of the other colors), size 6 needles. As I mentioned earlier, I attempted to shrink the original scarf by using smaller yarn and needles; from what I can remember from the store sample I met, I was successful. In my opinion, the scarf made with Mission Falls wool and size 8 needles is way too wide to be worn comfortably; this one is just right (maybe on the big side).

I was officially finished with this awhile ago, but wanted to wet block before posting a picture. Since I still haven't gotten around to that, you'll have to live with the steam-blocked version.

The Highland Wool is really nice, and I highly recommend it. It's reasonably soft, holds cables well, and is just a good yarn in general.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Christiane said…

    Darn it if that ain't the most purdy scarf I've seen in a long time . . . makes me long to do more than knit and purl. One day!

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful! I'm only halfway done with mine. I love seeing all these finished ones. It's so motivating. I do wish I had realized how wide it was going to be. I would have shrunk it too.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Ina said…

    Great work! Love the way the colors mingle in the tassels.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Bobo said…

    Gorgeous! And I like the idea of shrinking the scarf. I hadn't noticed how wide the size 8s could make it, so thanks for the tip!

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Fantastic job! Kudos! (Now I'm wanting a close-up picture of the knitting!)

    -Mary
    http://marysvirginwool.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger WandaWoman said…

    Your scarf really turned out beautifully. I wish I'd realized how wide it was going to be too. I love the scarf, but the width is a slight turnoff. Great job and the colors are beautiful too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home