Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

On to the I-cords + Lady E


I have finished up the garter-striped band, and was really excited to start on all those nifty little i-cords. I was a little less enthusiastic after I knitted my first one: it looks a little . . .Scrawny! Does anyone have a "trick" to master i-cords on a size 2 needles? Please let me know soon!
In other Scarf Style news, I have chosen Lady Eleanor as my Knitting Olympics Project! I am on the hunt for the perfect Noro yarn to knit with (the perfect price would be nice, too!). I have never worked the pattern before, so anyone who can share some tips for that, I would be so appreciative. I will remember to thank you all when I reach the podium for my gold medal!!
I sound like a needy knitalong member, don't I??

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    If you're looking for Noro, I would definitely recommend the new Silver Thaw (see Twisty Turns post below). It's a warm, fuzzy angora blend, with typically beautiful Noro Colorways. When I knit Lady E I wanted to use Silk Garden, but I got talked out of it by someone who thought I was too addicted to Noro, and should try something new. Silver Thaw, at $20 a pop, would be a bit pricey, but it's great yardage (220 yds), and Noro Transitions (a cashmere blend) would be awesome awesome, but again, the price ($25), and the yardage (less then Silver Thaw, but I'm not sure) might be a consideration for you.

    Good luck! I'm at my desk at work now wrapped in my Lady E and I just love it!

    Wendy

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger jess said…

    last i looked, little knits was having a big sale on bags of silk garden. i'm using #82... IMHO it's best to choose a more muted colorway unless you want the diamond color pattern to really stand out (as opposed to highlighting the texture of the yarn). you can also usually find bags of SG for around $80 on eBay.

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    This is my favorite project in Scarf Style, so I'm really glad to watch someone make it. Can't wait to see the finished product!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home