Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Lady Rosa

Here, is my Lady Eleanor:
And, a closeup:

There's something not quite "Lady" like about my version - maybe because the colors are so bold, or maybe because the yarn isn't fuzzy. I did it in Shaeffer's Elaine, 100% merino wool,300 yards per skein, and I think this colorway is called "Rosa Parks." So maybe it's not the "lady" part that is the misnomer, but the "Eleanor." Not quite Sense and Sensibility, but definitely Lady "I'm not Moving to the Back of the Bus." I keep it in my office at work (because we definitely have heating issues), and usually by lunch time, I'm all wrapped up.

One new skill I picked up while knitting this (well, I think I've actually forgotten how to do it because the need hasn't arisen again) was how to knit backwards. If you learn to knit backwards (instead of turning the work and purling), then you don't have to flip the fabric around, which in Entrelac, can be every 5 seconds and everything goes much faster. Great project for the Kntting Olympics for anyone who is thinking about going into training.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    That looks really great! How many skeins of Elaine did you need?

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Hi, that looks really different in that style of yarn, doesn't it? Lovely.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Thanks Teresa and Kathleen! I think I used 4 skeins.

    Wendy

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger . said…

    Wow! That's all I can think of. It's so beautiful! I love the bold colors, you did a great job! The colors are awesome!

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Ina said…

    Wow! Rosa is a great Lady!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home