Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Here and There Question

Oh, how I wish I had a photo to post of my lovely Backyard Leaves (which is a steal if you knit it in Andean Silk from Knitpicks...I used the "Hollyberry" color and called it "Backyard Poinsetta"), but I sent it to my aunt as soon as it was finished, as it was a last-minute Christmas gift. I agree with others--a great knit, but NOT one to try in front of the telly.

I bought three skeins of Malabrigo at Patternworks (sale! sale!) the other day for "Here and There Cables," which isn't quite as much yarn as the pattern calls for. A quick read-over leads me to believe that I can reduce the pattern by six stitches and still be able to accomplish the repeat. Those of you who have done this pattern--does that sound right?

Thanks!!
Julie

2 Comments:

  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Alyssa said…

    I did this pattern in Manos del Uruguay and decreased the pattern by two repeats(I think I cast on 54?). I've been thinking about knitting another in Malabrigo, too. It is a really neat knit, just be careful keeping track of what row you are on! Enjoy:)

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger amber said…

    I made this scarf with 2.5 balls of Malabrigo and since the yarn is thicker than the one they call for (and the original scarf is really wide) I cast on 56 stitches to start. I love this scarf. So cozy and I just love cables :)

    Here is mine:
    http://yarnjunkie2.blogspot.com/2005/05/here-and-there-cable-scarf.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home