Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, January 16, 2006

Fair Isle Jazz Finished!

You may remember that I had some kinks with getting this done! (I ran out of the main color about 6 inches from the end! So sad!) But several packages from the mailman later, I was able to track down the right color and finish this baby off! I'm really interested to see other people's versions of this scarf (especially the one that uses thinner yarn and smaller needles!)

You can read the details at my blog: Chef Messy

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said…

    Lovely, Lovely. I like that blackberry type color. Very rich looking.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Fantastic job!

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Bobo said…

    Wow, gorgeous! This is on my list to make and after seeing yours I want to cast on now! Beautiful!

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Ruth said…

    Just stunning, and it looks incredible on you. It was obviously well worth all the yarn hassles. Congratulations!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    I think that scarf really suits you. It's lovely, you must have some patience.

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Tipper said…

    What are your final dimensions? It'd be interesting to see if changing the yarn and needle size (like I did) makes much difference. My finished result (I still need to take a good final picture) doesn't seem THAT much different from the scarf I saw in the trunk show, but it's probably a little more wearable.

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Oh...lovely! I'm inspired!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home