Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My Lady Eleanor

I'm 5 skeihttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifns in and am really starting to love the way the Silk Garden #217 is looking. I was on the fence about her in the beginning because the reds and yellows were a bit too bright for me but it gives Lady E some character, no?

what do you think?

Progress: Lady Eleanor

A detail of Lady E here.

The colors are a lot brighter in the photo than real life. Thank goodness otherwise I'd feel a bit clownish in her. It's still cold here so I am hoping to finish her in a weeks time so I can take her out and let her explore the streets of Paris.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I think it looks great! I made mine with Silk Garden #211, and when I was several tiers into it, I thought about ripping it out & quitting. Then the picky 17-yr old daughter said, "I think it looks pretty cool." So I finished it and am very happy with it. (Picture in the Feb. 6 archives of this blog.)

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Ruth said…

    I'm making a Clapotis with SG #217 right now, and while I wasn't sure about that bright yellow at first, I've come to love it. Your Lady Eleanor is lovely.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger miss ewe said…

    GORGEOUS! I love it. Not a clown in sight. You've inspired me!!!

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    And thank you for going to look at mine & leaving a comment. Yes, I did block it. Maybe one of these days I'll give her a bath & let her dry unblocked... who knows?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home