Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hello! Misty Garden Here



My husband bought me "Scarf Style" for the holidays and I am so excited to be working on my first project from it.

I'm using Jo Sharp's Misty Garden pattern but with a mix of the Manos del Uruguay wool in the 114 colorway and two balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze in the Meadow and Heavenly colors.

This yarn was from my first knitting class that I took in November. We were supposed to make a scarf, but I never finished it because it was coming out too thin and I was twisting all my stitches.

I ended up making four other scarves for my family for Christmas, and I'm just now coming back to this yarn. I frogged the original scarf and started this one. I am really enjoying the pattern, which moves really quickly. It's about 10 inches wide, so it's going to be more of a shoulder wrap for the woman I am giving it to.

I hope to find a pretty scarf clip to hold it all together.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger miss ewe said…

    That's a beautiful yarn mix you've created, as is your work. How's she coming???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home