Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, February 13, 2006

Ene, The Snow Queen

Ene didn't really appreciate being woken up this morning to be thrown in a snowbank, but I wanted to get a good shot of her:
Don't worry, I put her back to bed as soon as the shoot was over!

Hope everyone dug their way out of the snow! Ene turned out to be 19" unblocked from the center point to the top, so I blocked it to the unblocked pattern measuremnets - 32" - so she's a bit smaller than I thought she'd be. Has anyone used Blackberry Ridge Yarn? Is it really a laceweight, or is it more of a sportweight? I'm thinking of making Ene a sister, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I hope all of you Eastcoasters dug your way out of the snow! Why did it have to be a Saturday - this was a snow day for sure on a Monday!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said…

    I think all their yarn is yummy, but much thicker weight than stated. I have some fingering weight here that I would swear is more of a light worsted weight.

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger celia said…

    very pretty!:)

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger j a r e d said…

    great work! i'm using blackberry ridge on my version of ene and it is a laceweight. maybe a 'heavy' laceweight, but definitely lighter than sport.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger j a r e d said…

    sorry, one more thing. which yarn did you use on this? i couldn't find a post about it. i'm wangting to make another for my brother's fiance for their wedding, but i want it to be a little heavier and a little smaller than the pattern specifications. i'm wondering how a sport weight would translate. thanks!

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I used Misti Alpaca laceweight yarn, on 3's. I'm not exactly an expert on lace - this was my first charted project -- and I had the woman at my LYS check my gauge. I think it turned out a bit small, but I don't think I would have changed the needle size. I think a faux laceweight -- something between a true lace and a sport would have been perfect.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home