Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Lady Eleanor in progress

I chose the Lady Eleanor for my Knitting Olympics project. What was I thinking!!!! Here we are on day 5 and I am only on tier 12. I am hoping to get to 15 tonight. After practicing with the Danica scarf to learn Entrelac, the challenge will be to complete the stole before the ending ceremony on the 26th.

I chose to use Noro Kureyon #74 on size 9 needles for this. The yarn has a lot of purples, pinks, a bit of green and blue in it. I have noticed some comments about knots with this yarn, but have not found any so far in the skeins I have used. When I went to the LYS to buy my yarn, I found they could not seem to keep it in stock. This is possibly because several people had discovered Scarf Style by this time. Luckily, I found a wonderful person on eBay who had a good selection available and was able to get it right away.

I am finding Entrelac to be much easier than it looks and plan to make a second Lady E sometime later. I also plan to make Backyard Leaves and a couple of other patterns too. Every time I open the book, I decide to add another pattern to my wish list.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said…

    Im knitting this as well for the KO's. I'd love to see what that colorway looks lik, you've peeked my curiousity. I'm knitting mine with Silk Garden! Isn't Entrelac fun?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home