Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, January 16, 2006

Starting on Ene...

Hey there - long time lurker, first time poster. same old spiel....

Lets get down to it. I've started Ene's Scarf. I'm using Blackberry Ridge Lace Weight Silk/Wool (same as in the pattern). These photos were taken last Thursday. I worked on it all weekend and finally finshed Chart 1 (Thank christ - the next charts are a lot simpler!) so it is further along now.... hopefully i'll take more photos tonight.

I made a few little mistakes, due to semi-confusing language in the pattern, but figured them out and remedied them to the best of my ability. nothing too bad, probably only noticeable to the artist or Ene veterans....

i'll be posting my progress throughout the process... i would love feedback from anyone whose already done this project, or solidarity with anyone who is currently creating!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger MissyJoon said…

    I think you are off to a fabulous start! I love the color, and I want to make this, too. But first I must conquer the color on color scarf!

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger Jodi said…

    Ok, I don't know if it's just me, but I am confused by this pattern. I'm doing my gauge swatch right now. I'm confused about the red rectangle that says to "repeat 73 times" or however many times.

    I'm hoping that once I start, it will be more clear. I'm not the most seasoned knitter, but I've been knitting for a couple of years (After a long hiatus).

    Yours looks great and I can't wait to get going on mine!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home