Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, January 13, 2006

Ene's Scarf finished

Hi all, I have been reading this blog for ages and am enjoying seeing everybody's creations! Amazing what a variety of results we get, following the same pattern but with different yarns and creative differences.

Here is Ene's scarf, knit with Rowan Yarns Cashsoft 4 Ply - merino, microfibre and cashmere blend. Very soft!

I've begun Lady Eleanor in Noro Kureyon colorway 88:

I've also knit a slightly modified version of Misty Garden in Noro Silk Garden, but the photos were pathetic.

Thanks for sharing, everybody!
Irie

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger j a r e d said…

    how many balls of cashsoft did you use on Ene? It looks great! I'm making one right now too.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Marji said…

    gorgeous
    The Lady Eleanor must have been designed with the NOro yarns in mind - the color blocks are so wonderful.

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Irie said…

    hi brooklyn, I used 6 balls of cashsoft. I may have been able to squeak by with 5 if I had been more conservative.

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said…

    Your Ene looks beautiful. There is just something so magical about red shawls. Looks like it is the perfect size too.

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger MissyJoon said…

    I want to knit both of these--now I am thinking of red . . . and I have always been thinking of Noro for the Lady E. What size needles did you use with the Noro?

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Ruth said…

    Just beautiful! I have a hank of red Helen's Lace waiting for this project ... yours makes me very, very eager to cast on!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home