Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Silk Misty Garden


Hiya, the postman finally delivered my extra skeins of Fyberspates Silk Boucle from Get Knitted so I managed to complete this scarf for my mother-in-law. I have thoroughly enjoyed knitting this, my first project from the book, and I think my m-i-l will appreciate the kind of traditional look of this scarf. I decided I definitely wanted to give her something hand made for her birthday when she presented us with a cross stitch scene of cottages and trees for Christmas. It must have taken her ages to make so I wanted to start repaying the compliment.
So, this was my first project from Scarf Style, but it won't be my last. The great thing about this knitalong is seeing all your work, and prompting me to look again at styles I had passed over in the book. Maybe Rosebud next, or Midwest Moonlight, or, we'll see!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home