Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

started a Shetland Triangle

I'm to the neck part of my Wandering Aran Fields cape. The cable chart part seemed to go along pretty quickly but the neck is getting a little dull. I'm about 6 inches along and have set it aside to do the Shetland Triangle shawl. I'm hoping to get the Shetland Triangle done for a Christmas present then I'll finish up my cape.
Here is my progress so far. This will be my first lace shawl. It's not much to look at yet. I'm on my fourth repeat of the body chart and the rows are getting long. I'm about to switch to circular needles. I've been using my straight needles for as long as I can with it because I'm not crazy about my circulars. I usually spend more time wrestling with the stiff cable than knitting. I'm hoping Santa brings me a set of the new KnitPick optons needles for Christmas.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    I'm hoping for a set of the Options needles too, I have their circulars in a size 3 and love them! What yarn are you using for your Shetland Triangle? Don't worry about what it looks like now, Ii thought the same thing with my first lace project. Blocking makes all the difference in the world with lace.

     
  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger nightowl said…

    I'm using elsebeth lavold silky wool. I actually used my straight needles all the way to the ninth repeat of the body section before I switched to my circulars.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home