Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, December 08, 2006

After 8 months, Lady Eleanor is finished






And I couldn't be happier with her. I used 10 skeins of Silk Garden in colorway 84 (9 for knitting, 1 for fringe). I didn't use the fringe in the book, I borrowed the idea for my fringe from Julie on this blog. Anyway, here she is:

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger stephanie said…

    Cindy, it's beautiful!

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Jinx said…

    It is worth the time you spent, it's really beautiful. And it reminds me that thisone is still on my to-do-list.

    Greetings,
    Jinx

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Janina the Mom Beast said…

    So pretty, Cindy! And an inspiration for me, as I am at the beginning of my own Lady E in Noro Silk Garden 201.
    What did you do differently with the fringe? It is hard to make out in the photos.

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger glccafar said…

    Thanks for the compliments! I appreciate it. Jania, I followed the instructions in this post: http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:AovvxgYQ5LkJ:scarfstyle.blogspot.com/2006/02/lady-eleanor.html++site:scarfstyle.blogspot.com+lady+eleanor+fringe+&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2&client=firefox-a
    It has a better picture of the fringe.

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger glccafar said…

    That link may be too long to follow. The fringe instructions were posted on Monday, February 06, 2006.

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Wow, those are beautiful colours. I love it!

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Your Lady E is so beautiful. I love the colorway.

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger doulicia said…

    I, too, love the colorway. Nicely done. I hope you're loving it in the wearing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home