Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, November 25, 2006

My Lady E

One more Lady Eleanor. I haven't seen one I haven't liked, everyone has done such a beautiful job, and each picture makes me want to do another.
The specs:
1. Noro Silk Garden alternating rows between colours 211 and 225 on US size 9 needles.
2. Embarrassed to admit it - I used 17 skeins, most from E-Bay and a 40% off sale.
3. Never one to follow a pattern as written, I made this one 25% larger than specified - in the width.
4. Instead of woven fringe on the short ends, I crocheted the long edge and added fringe a la Charlotte's Web.
5. Not wanting to crush the three dimensional woven look, I decided not to block it. Besides I wouldn't want to subject it to our murky water right now.
6. Start to finish time, about eight weeks, a leisurely pace. More photos of the process on my blog: http://lifesastitch.typepad.com

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Holy smokes that's out of control! And totally fantastic!

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Glaistig said…

    Too gorgeous! Silk Garden is so lovely. Nice for snuggling on the sofa during winter!!

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is one of the most beautiful pieces I have ever seen! It inspires me to get over my fear of entrerlac and do it already! Now I just have to find a pattern for an afghan like this one. Wow, I am blown away! Gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home