Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

WIP Lady E



Here is my progress so far on my Lady E. I'm using Noro SG in 208 on 4.5 mm needles. I'm not sure if I'll have enough (I bought 10 skeins) to make it the length called for in the pattern. For all those of you who've made the Lady E with these specs, how many skeins did you use? I'm sure I can make it larger during blocking, but just to be on the safe side I was curious as to how much everyone else used. Thanks!

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said…

    I used 17 to make a jumbo sized one - see photo a couple of posts back. With my gauge I would have needed to use about 13 to get the size in the pattern.

    I'm wrapped up in it right now - my office is freezing!

    Li

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said…

    One more thing - I chose not to block mine as I wanted the puffy look,
    Li

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger indigo warrior said…

    I used ten for my Lady E and I haven't measured it at all. I knit away with nine skeins, used the tenth for fringe with half left over to go into my scrap yarn stash. It blocked out to fit me nicely and I'm a big girl (5'6", size 20).

    PammieTaj

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I used 11 -- 10 for knitting and the last one for fringe. It's very long; I could have stopped after 9 and used the 10th for fringe. Pics are posted way back in February.
    http://tinyurl.com/y2ppjx

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used 9 for the knit portion also, on US8 needles, about half of another for the fringe. It blocks out beautifully and larger than you would think.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Thanks so much everyone! It sounds like I have the perfect amount of yarn. Can't wait to finish :)

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    I don't remember who did this, but someone used 10 skeins and cut the fringe before finishing up the scarf. then she used the rest of the 10th skein for the scarf. That's what I'm planning on doing, I think it'll be more then big enough with 10 skeins!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home