Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Misty Garden



Hi All - I finished up a Misty Garden. I used 3 skeins of Di.Ve Mohair Kiss. It was a great pattern - my first chevron project. A simple pattern with dramatic results. How about working with Mohair, though? What a pain! The woman at the yarn store braced me for the challenges, so I was prepared, but that stuff is nasty! Take your time and don't screw up is what the yarn lady had to say.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger miss ewe said…

    Way to go! Nice colours. I have some yarn on deck for one of these, but have been putting off starting for exactly that Mohair reason! Someone told me if you put it in the freezer when you're not knitting (?), the cold makes the fuzz less likely to stick together... haven't tried it yet!

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    LOL good job!! I gave up about 1/10th of the way through because I was getting so frustrated with the mohair. I think I will try it later with a different yarn because I really like hte pattern!!

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Melody said…

    Very nice! Love the colors. Great job.

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said…

    I've just completed that pattern but using alpaca but similar colours. Yours looks great, mine is blocking as I type, so hoping to post soon. Well done!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home