Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Newbie, Here and There Cables

Hi everyone,
Though I'm a newbie to the KAL I'm not a newbie to the lovely scarves and projects in Scarf Style. I don't think there is a project in there that I don't want to make several times. LOL. Anyway, I recently started a Here and There Cable scarf out of a Wedgewood blue worsted weight yarn. When I picked the yarn out of my stash I wasn't sure how it was going to work out, but I'm really liking it so far. I can't wait to finish it and start wearing it.

I have watched this knit a long for quiet awhile and finially decided that I wanted to join in all the fun. There have been some fantastic knitting done by the people in this group, and I hope to learn from all of you.

Blessed Be Posted by Picasa

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    Gorgeous!! How hard is it to do the cables? I have never cabled before (though I have knitted since I was 9 lol, 26 now) and I am nervous, but I LOVE that scarf!

     
  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger Rose Red said…

    Hi Nessa - I'm a lurker here the at Scarf Style KAL, haven't joined yet but will - I'm doing Interlocking Balloons and it is my first experience at cables - they are a lot easier than they look. If you can do entrelac (lovely Lady E by the way), you can do cables!

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    GO FOR IT! The pattern is great. If you want what I call unconventional cables this is the scarf for you. Your cables are made every seven rows so you are actually cabling on both sides making a scarf that is beautiful on both sides.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home