Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Falling Leaves...er, Backyard Leaves... One of those leaves scarves!


Hello! I finished my Backyard Leaves!

A few notes: Blocking makes a world of difference! When you knit this scarf, it's just going to look weird, until you block it. I actually think it could use a bit more blocking, too. It has a tendency to roll up on itself. Also, it's pretty dang long. You might not want to do all 11 repeats on both sides unless you like really long scarves.

More details at this here blog: ChefMessy

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    That is beautiful! Love it. I was wondering about blocking mine too. I'm currently half done, and used an angora/merino blend. I hope it blocks well, because I know what you mean about it looking funny while being knit. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home