Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Wandring Aran Fields Capelet



Pattern: Wandering Aran Fields from Wrap Style
Designer: Norah Gaughan (all hail Norah!)
Yarn: 4 1/2 balls Plymouth Galway in Rose (#19)
Needle: exactly what the pattern says, ditto our friend Gauge
Notes: Maybe there's a bit about gauge for ribbing in there, but I'm sure I glossed over it, and I paid for it in the end. See, I should have been just 30-ish yards short of the total yarn required, yet I was 6 inches from finishing the collar when I ran out of yarn. Mild panicking ensued, as I purchased the yarn one week less than a year ago (hey, do I get some sort of prize for that?) so there's no chance I'd get the same dyelot. However, Depth of Field* had the color in stock, bless its yarn-stuffed soul. I was possibly looking at a) having to pay $10 for a measly ball of yarn due to shipping, and b) never finishing the darn thing because waiting for another ball to arrive would take the wind out of my sails.



The dyelots do not match, and you can tell, but do I care? No, sirs, I don't.

Yes, it still needs to be blocked. I finished it 15 minutes before my deadline (that is, I really wanted to wear it somewhere), and, thus, blocking will have to wait until I can bear to take it off.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Glaistig said…

    You look lovely in your rosy Aran Fields Capelet! Great job! [runs off to give another look at the pattern]

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    That's lovely!

     
  • At 12:16 AM, Blogger Alyssa said…

    I love it! It looks great!

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Mary B said…

    That's such a pretty color. I made this last year and wore it constantly -- great for transitional weather.

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations. :)

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Penny said…

    I love it! I'll have to add this to my must knit list!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Beautiful work! It looks great on you. I don't notice the differing dyelots in your pictures.

    I want to make one now!

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger Melody said…

    Love the capelet...I wanna join too! I am already working on the here and there cables scarf..you can see it on my blog www.knittingokie.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home