Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Campus Scarf... and Hat

It's about time!

Pattern: Campus Scarf & Hat
Book: Scarf Style
Yarn Brand:
Knit Picks
Yarn Name: Wool of the Andes
Yarn Colorway: Cranberry, Wheat, Black and Natural
Yarn Content: 100% Wool
Amount of yarn used: 3 skeins (1 ball = 110 yards) Cranberry & Wheat, 1 skein Black and Natural
Needle: Size 8 US (Denise)
Gauge: 5 stitches per inch
Dimensions: Scarf approximately 7" wide , 80" long, hat approximately 20" circumference (it stretches)
Project Duration: 08/16/2006 - 10/6/2006
Project Notes: About the only thing I kept the same was the stitch pattern. The pattern calls for six colors and none of the colors really struck me and I wanted a scarf and hat set to cheer on my boys the 49ers (please win more than two games this season!) So I kept it to the four team colors. The hat was super quick and is just a repeat of two rows converted to be worked in the round. The scarf was a quick knit, but boy, weaving in all the ends was a killer! I searched the archives here and worked the duplicate stitch but still. I don't think I'd do this scarf again just because of all the weaving. And I can't stand weaving or sewing! Still, I now have a set for the games! Go 9ers!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    I love it!! I agree though, weaving in really stinks!! LOL love the color choice from a fellow 9r lover!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home