Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Hello y'all

Thanks for letting me join this KAL! I have been lurking for months and have enjoyed seeing everyone's wonderful work. I have been knitting for about five months and ever since I stumbled on this KAL I have been so inspired. I am almost done with my first Misty Garden and I have just started on my first Ruffle. I thought I understood the pattern until the [kwtog, k1] in row four. I have looked all over the place and everything I have read is not jelling with me. Am I supposed to turn in row four? Can anyone shed some light on this [kwtog, k1] thing for me?

Many, many thanks!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger verlit said…

    No, you donĀ“t turn the work in row 4, you just continue (with purl stitches) to the end of the row and only then you turn.
    Next 4 rows you will be working on the other half of the scarf and then you get back by knitting 4th row to the end again.
    (If you change yarn color every 4 rows, you will get an interesting effect of having left half of scarf knitted in one color and right in the other one :-)

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    Thanks so very much for the clarification! I was not sure if what I was doing was right... it looks pretty funky right now but I think I'm finally on track.

    Many, MANY thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home