Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Midwest Moonlight

Pattern: Midwest Moonlight
Book: Scarf Style
Yarn Brand:
Frog Tree
Yarn Name: Alpaca Wool
Yarn Colorway: 96
Yarn Content: 100% Alpaca Wool
Amount of yarn used: 2.5 skeins (1 ball = 130 yards)
Needle: Size 5 US (Denise)
Gauge: 5 stitches = 1 inch
Dimensions: Approximately 7" wide , 60" long
Project Duration: 06/05/2006 - 06/19/2006
Project Notes: I made some mods to the original pattern since I didn't want it so wide. I cast on 33 stitches instead of 49 so this made two repeats instead of three. I used a size 5 needle since that's what worked well with this yarn. BTW, I LOVE this yarn! It is so soft although some of the plies came apart because the needles have sharp points. This was just the perfect summer project since the yarn is very light and the lace effect is stunning.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Monika said…

    I love this pattern. Your scarf looks great!

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Your scarf is lovely, and thanks for the link for that yarn. It's available in some lovely shades. Enjoy wearing your new scarf.

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger firstborn studio said…

    so beautiful!
    i STILL don't know how to knit,but it is on my long list of things to do SOON! and i will visit you often for your great knit-alongs!

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Melissa Barton said…

    I'm glad I read your notes on how many you cast on because I was thinking that about the width myself. Great job and photo.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home