Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, May 01, 2006

Midwest Moonlight Dressing table mat

Hiya, I've come up with another use for Ivy Bigelow's Midwest Moonlight pattern!
I started making it in Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere and soon began to realise that the yarn and pattern were not exactly in perfect harmony - the cotton blend yarn was too crisp and lacking in drape for a scarf. (See what happens when you don't swatch....)
I knew I was beat but rather than rip it out I thought maybe it would be more appropriate as a mat, so I persevered for a few more repeats and ended up with a rather fetching household linen.
I'm sure I'll try the pattern again in the near future in a more appropriate yarn for a scarf. Posted by Picasa

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ugh! I am soooooooooo going to steal that idea from you!!!

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Knitcrazy said…

    What a great idea...
    Gosh.. Aren't Knitters Creative :)
    I love it!!!

    Penny

    http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home