Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Braided Mischief

Hi Lorena, do you remember me from your trip to Glasgow? Lady Eleanor is certainly looking good.

Here's my latest offering from Scarf Style - it's my version of Braided Mischief by Teva Durham. Rather than doing it in double strands of Felted Tweed, is it? I did it in one strand of Debbie Bliss Maya 100% wool, which I got for a reduced price from getknitted because it's discontinued. Added later- shade no. 14 I think.
I used 6 1/2 mm needles and three hanks. The scarf is pretty long, but I wanted to use up the yarn. It's really warm because of the yarn itself and the basketweave effect cable.


In the original pattern you are supposed to use a self-colour for most of it then occasionally use a tonic colour- I decided the variegated yarn had enough interest. This is a present for my husband as he really liked the last scarf I made him in the same wool.
I have recently got hold of Wrap Style. I definitely think Evelyn Clark's Shetland Triangle will be on the cards before too long. Posted by Picasa

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Helen said…

    Can you tell me which shade of Maya that is? Is it 014? It looks wonderful.

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Monika said…

    How beautiful! Luchy guy your husband!

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Lorena said…

    :waves at Kathleen:

    Of course I remember! And I'm always at your blog, or seeing you on this one, and drooling over your incredible talent. You are quite the knitter, everything you've posted is lovely!

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said…

    Gorgeous scarf, I have that book and the pattern is on my never ending list.

     
  • At 4:54 AM, Blogger mrpibbs said…

    Oh wow. This was NOT on my list...until seeing yours!! I love it! Looks great and now I have another scarf to make. ;)

     
  • At 3:44 AM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Thank you very much for all your lovely comments.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger miss ewe said…

    What's with all the spam comments?

    GORGEOUS!!! I love it, and my urge to make it just got a little stronger. Well done!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home