Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Turtleneck Shrug Sleeves?


So I'm nearing the end of my first sleeve in the turtleneck shrug. I'm just about up to the armpit, and it's only 18". I remember some of you mentioning that the sleeves were a bit too long for you, but at what point in the knitting should I start the top shaping?
I'm thinking, knit to the pit, then do the CO15 and knit up the shoulder? Does this sound right for those of you who've already done this? Any advice (for this or beyond)would be appreciated! Thanks!

PS: this is Patons Classic Merino in "tree bark mix". Fairly soft and nice and thick. (and much, much less expensive than using Rowan Kid Classic, although I'd like to have!)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Anne Elser said…

    Hi! I just knit mine about 2.5 inches shorter than the pattern called for. Honestly, I could have gone even shorter. I'm petite with short arms.
    I hope that helps.
    Love the color of your yarn, by the way.

    ~Anne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home