Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, March 31, 2006

Another Newbie here

I was interested in this book after seeing the Here and There Cables, and Lady Eleanor. After being directed here (thanks Hillary) I fell in love with Backyard Leaves. Now that I have the book, I am a little weary about whether I can handle it (I am a self-taught knitter!) There are at least ten projects I want to make from this book, and the list keeps growing as I see everyone's work!

I started Midwest Moonlight and am JUST about to start row 9. I'm a little nervous/confused about the [yo, ssk]. I'll give it a go and hope I don't have to frog it - lol. I'll share pictures of my progress as soon as I figure out how to add pictures.

Thanks for including me Tipper!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Hillary said…

    Welcome aboard! you can do it!!!

    I just bought yarn for the Backyard Leaves scarf. We can suffer together!!!

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Chrissie said…

    Hi
    1.yo=just put the yarn on the needle as if to knit the stitch
    2.ssk=the easy explanation is the english description which is k2tog tbl which is knit two together through back of loop.
    ssk actually means slip the stitches from left needle to right needle then knit them through using left needle through front of the loop.
    most of all enjoy
    Chrissie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home