Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

One Stripe Turtleneck Shrug



Well it's a good thing cooler weather is still around here in Atlanta, because I just finished my Turtleneck Shrug! I was worried I'd have to wait until next year to wear it. Woo hoo! I used Andean Silk from KnitPicks.com and knit with a size 4 needle. The sleeves are about 2.5 inches shorter than the pattern calls for. Still - they're pretty long on me. On one sleeve, I knit a lighter green stripe with some leftover yarn from my stash.

This is a very comfortable shrug, but I am considering shrinking it a bit. I've knit 2 others from another pattern that fit really snuggly and stayed in place. This one, after a few minutes of moving around (I'm right handed), shifts off my right shoulder. I think if it were tighter, it wouldn't move around as much. Any opinions? Advice?

Thanks for inspiring me everyone,

~Anne

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Anne Elser said…

    Thanks, HIllary.

    It IS comfortable to wear. I just think it's a little big on me. It's in the dryer right now and is felting/shrinking a tad... I'll post a new photo when it's ready!

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    I must say that I totally love your sleeves or whatever!

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger The Silent K said…

    I am making mine in the same colour! It looks great. Good job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home