Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Wandering Aran Fields



Just joined this KAL and wanted to show Wandering Aran Fields from Wrap Style. I used Knitpicks Andean Silk in Leaf. One of my New Year's resolutions for knitting was to give a cables a try and this was it. A great project and I've been enjoying wearing it.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger miss ewe said…

    yummy! What a great color. Congrats on your *first* cable project -- it turned out beautifully!

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Two-of-Six said…

    Wow! That turned out beautiful. I love your color choice. I

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Honestly, yours looks more attractive than the one in the book. The project has become much more appealing to me, hmmm . . .

    Great job!

    Wendy

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Mary B said…

    Thanks, everyone. I used 10 balls and ran a little bit short on the collar. I had originally bought this yarn to make Twisty Turns and only had 9 balls, so I had to order one more ball from Knitpicks (should have ordered 2). I recommend 11.

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger delirious said…

    You did a wonderful job - that is lovely! Congrats.

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Knitcrazy said…

    Oh Its just Beautiful !
    Great Job..
    Penny
    http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home