Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My Lady Eleanor


I knit the Lady E for the Knitting Olympics. She's long but I really wanted her that way

I beaded the knots

After wet blocking she measured 88".
Yarn: 12 sk Noro Silk Garden color 7
Needles Addi Turbo size 8
cast on Feb 10, finished knitting Feb 20
finished tying knot and beading Feb 22

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    wow. that is gorgeous.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    And what's a Lady E without a margarita!

    Great job!

    Wendy

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger jen said…

    Stunning! I love the photo shoot, too! Nice job.

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Donyale said…

    Wow! It's so great! Shouldn't that be a Merlot though ;)

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Lara said…

    Just beautiful and I love the beading!

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Irie said…

    Beautiful! Nice touch to add beads to the fringe, I bet they add some weight to make the shawl hang nicely. Very creative! :)

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger BroccoliEater said…

    I love the shoes with it, too!

    It's gorgeous that long. And you finished it for the Olympics? Wow! How much knitting time per day did it take?

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger delirious said…

    That is so beautiful, marji. Love it with the colors, the length, the beaded fringe, and the shoes! I'm sure you are rec lots of compliments on it in person.

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1. I love your Lady E, she is long and gorgeous.
    2. Love-Ing the Margarita.
    3. The beading is to die for.
    4. Grrrrrrrl your shoes are matching the Lady E!!!! I love that the most!!!

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Marji said…

    LOL, sorry guys, but it is a Kettle One Martini...
    sorry Donni, but it was a Friday night and Merlot just wasnt' on the agenda!
    thanks for the complements. It is a little funky taken against my red dining room wall, but I was looking for an area that wouldn't show off house clutter, and that was it.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Very dramatic and stunning. Well done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home