Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ruffle trouble

I have a question for all you knitting experts out there! I am knitting the Ruffle scarf. It is taking me forever ... but it is coming along. Here is my progress as of a few days ago ...

My question is ... does anyone know why the ruffles are collapsing, so that 2 are stuck together? Wrong needle size? I don't know, but I thought someone might have a theory. I do like it, but it looks different from all others I have seen and I am wondering why!?

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I'm making one out of GGH Illusion, and it's making a very firm fabric, and mine does the exact same thing. I've noticed that I can sort of wiggle my Ruffles and the curls will pop into going the other direction. Many of the Ruffles I've seen made with a floppier/looser fabric come with a more random curl pattern. Maybe that's what's happened to yours? Does that make any sense?

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Michelle W. said…

    I don't know. I think it's the needle might be the wrong size? The tension is too tight? I haven't knit in so long now sorry I couldn't help you out.

    Michelle

     
  • At 5:06 AM, Blogger lesley said…

    Don't worry, that's exactly how it comes out. You can curl it round and stack it all up in neat little column while you're making it, it's very intriguing. But when you have more length you can pull it out and open it up and twist it against itself so it looks like the illustration if you want to. Yours looks perfect to me.

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Cristina said…

    mine does the same thing (and it didnt when i made my first one w/ the suggested yarn!)....i'm going to block afterwards and see if i can get a curly look rather then a very organized DNA strand:)

    not much help em I?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home