Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Lady Eleanor, but No Gold!


Lady E. Is the perfect project--the pattern was perfectly written, the yarn was a perfect match for the pattern, the process was enjoyable, and the product is stunning. I used every bit of the ten skeins (Noro Silk Garden, #201/size 7s), and had I had another skein in the stash, I might have just used that one, too! While this was my Knitting Olympics Project, I fell short of gold with half a skein to go and one edge to fringe--so I finished it the next day, blocked it (this worked really well: wet towel on the ironing board, Lady E. on the wet towel, pillowcase on Lady E. and then iron with steam!!) and wore it to the airport to pick up my darling from his trip. So I felt victorious on may fronts beyond the Olympics.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger miss ewe said…

    Another gorgeous Lady E --congrats! I like the understated quality of this colorway too. And I can't believe you knit it up so quickly... I think it's still worth a gold!

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Chicago Jen said…

    Can you tell us what the measurements are on your Lady E? I like the density of stitches you've created can you tell us how wide and long your lady E ended up? How many skeins did you use?

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger MissyJoon said…

    I used 9 skeins to knit + 1 skein for fringes and edging triangles. After I blocked it (see details in post), it ended up being 21" x 72"

    This wasn't my initial clourway choice, and I usually go for brights, but I was really cautious because I wanted the yarn to blend, instead of shocking rectangles, although I think that is so pretty, too. I was really trying to break out of my same-old same-old;0)

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Chicago Jen said…

    Thanks! I've got 11 skeins of 228 which is A LOT brighter than I expected. I'm usually a more muted color person myself so, yeah, I'm living outside the box a little too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home