Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Midwest Moonlight- why can't I make a decision

So, I started Midwest Moonlight and stuck to the width of the pattern and thought "oh this is too wide..." I re-started with one less repeat and it seems to narrow-- or should I say luxurious.

What is Goldilocks to do? Really wide and need to fold in half or narrow?

Using Knit Picks Merino and it was to be a X-Mas gift to my SIL in Ireland... but in yet more evidence of my overall indeciveness, I couldnt decide between giving her that or Branching Out. I got her a book instead. I did make Branching Out (which went to someone else) and thought I would also do in Midwest Moonlight for X-Mas 2006... but then again, who knows what else I will jump out as a choice by then.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger MelissaKnits said…

    I did mine one repeat less and enjoy the width as it is comfortable enough for daily wear. Just my two cents!

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger miss ewe said…

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with her knitting decisions!!!
    What is the weight of your yarn like? Do you want it more for warmth or day-wear/style? Maybe that could help you to choose?
    I sometimes compare the width to a finished scarf I've tried and liked to help determine.
    Good luck... I'm sure it will be beautiful either way! Be sure to post pics.

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    I made one in Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool and really wish I had made it a little narrower.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home