Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Nasty Dog Dragon

Hello! Has anyone made this scarf? I was at a dinner last night for Chinese New Year and found out that my year is the Dragon. So since this is the year of the Dog I thought I might try this scarf. Of course after pricing the yarn suggested and seeing it's over $100 I think it's time for a substitution! I'm looking at Knit Picks but for anyone who has done this, what yarn did you use? Were you pleased with the results? Any problems? Does the size work for you? Eleven inches seems quite wide.
Beth

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    Oh how I've thought of making this scarf but yes, kind of price pohibited. I did think of couple of things -- the intarsia parts can they do be done with needlepoint yarn like color-on-color? Though I dont know how much that would drive the price down. The other option I thought of was going in with someone(s) as there seems to be some colors that are heavily used with a lot of yarn left over.

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger Tipper said…

    I bet Knitpicks Pallette would work well. I've heard that it's a great yarn - soft and well made.

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Bobo said…

    Thanks for all your comments! I'm going to check out the KnitPicks Palette, hopefully those colors will work. I'm also looking at Jamieson's own site. It seems they have pretty good prices if you order from them directly and I see with the new sizes they are putting up you need to double the MC (6 skeins) but you can still get away with 1 skein for the others. At least that would be a little cheaper!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home