Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Midwest Moonlight, My Way


My boss returned from TNNA with a small ball of this wonderful new stuff from Artyarns called Silk Rhapsody, which is one strand of Regal Silk and one strand of kid mohair together. The yarn is fantastic, super soft, comfortable next to the skin, very luxuriant. It has a wonderful hazy halo and positively glows when knit up.
I worked this on size six needles, cast on 33 stitches thereby reducing the width by one repeat. I was hoping to have enough to get a small scarflet out of. The project ended at 37" long and is 6" wide - perfect for topping jeans and giving a little kick to every-day garb. I have not blocked it, because that would require me taking it off! It does not really need blocking. It's just yummy, and feels sinful!! Every knitter should have at least one hank of this stuff in his/her lifetime!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger MelissaKnits said…

    I can't because I don't know of anything so lush. Keep an eye out - grab a bit as soon as it comes on the market - it should be popping up VERY shortly as shipments have gone out. I do not work for Artyarns - I belong to a Yahoo group for modular knitting that is owned by Iris Schreier who owns Artyarns and wrote Modular Knitting and co-wrote Exquisite Little Knits, and she'd mentioned that some orders had been filled. I do teach at Webs (www.yarn.com) and suggest watching their website, or the sites of other larger retailers for the appearance of this really special yarn.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home