Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, January 30, 2006

My version of the Lady Eleanor

This is my version of the Lady Eleanor, which is actually the project that made my jaw drop when viewing this book and I just had to buy the book.

I followed directions but mine did not end up as wide as the one in the book. I gifted it to one of the ladies in my knitting group because mainly, I knit the project to try the techniques, not so much because I wanted it.

I used a varigated yarn from Encore and am happy with the results. I did not do the fringe because I was frustrated with it (did this happen to anyone else?) but it turned out well because she didn't like the fringe anyway.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just LOVE the colors, and your work is so beautiful!

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist (well, ok, a lot of a perfectionist) and the fringe was driving me crazy unitl my husband cut me a little block of wood that I could use as a template to get the fringe spaced evenly. Worked like a charm. I tied the first row of knots and then slipped in the block of wood and tied the next row, working my way across and then did the same thing with the other rows.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    I really like what Lady Eleanor looks like with the varigated yarn. Nice.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    I also love the effect you got with the space dyed yarn. Looks great!

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Looks absolutely gorgeous with that yarn!

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger ruthee... said…

    Thank you, thank you all for the kind comments.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home