Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, January 30, 2006

Love the Second Time Around

I would introduce you to my new project, but I don't know how to pronounce her name. Remember that Seinfeld episode, where Jerry doesn't know his girlfriend's name, but he knows it rhymes with a feminine body part? So, until someone can tell me how to pronounce Ene, I'm going to have to call her Mulva. It's only fitting since I've chosen Misti Alpaca, and a friend once asked, "Misti Alpaca - is that the name of a stripper?"

First, I cast on an obnoxious number of stitches - 375, and placed a ridiculous amount of stitch markers across the row, marking off the 22 pattern repeats. This was all fine and good, until I got midway through the first chart, and that darn double decrease moved from the edge of the pattern repeat, to the middle.
Because the double decrease was no longer on the edge, I no longer had to move the markers - but, unfortunately, I didn't figure that out until it was all messed up:

So, out came the 375 stitches, and all of chart 1 (21 rows), and I started over again. This time, I didn't use the stitch markers on the first half of the chart, but used the double decrease as my guidepost. Then, I put the markers in on the second half the chart, and here's what it's supposed to look like:



So, hopefully the second time is a charm! Now, all if have to do is figure out how to pronounce the darn thing - oh, and do Charts 2, 3 and 4.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger jen said…

    Ha ha ha! You cracked me up, Wendy. I pronounce the name "A - Nay", with both syllables the same, but I don't know if that's how it's said or not! Mulva's just as good, though. Good luck!

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    I have been calling it "enya" like the singer...

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger celia said…

    I call it 'een' like short for enid.

    all the best with your ene. i made one with misti alpaca too. was really nice, even if i do say so myself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home