Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Spiral Lace Capelet Progress



Hello everyone. Making progress here with the Spiral Lace Capelet. When I first posted my beginning adventure with this pattern, I was not quite convinced I'd be able to complete the project. I prefer working on little projects because they are kinder to my hands and the gratification is faster. This time I tried working on a couple of projects simultaneously, so my interest never wanes and my hands get to hold a variety of needles. I am doing fine!

Knitting with Andean Silk from KnitPicks.com has been a real pleasure - it's hefty yet glides through my fingers. The pattern is quite easy - looks like a cable, but is actually a series of yarn-overs and decreases. So it puckers and ripples in all the right places. I have knit up about 8.5 inches. At 11, I'll begin decreases for a couple of inches around the shoulders.

I am a person who is forever cold, so I'm really excited about wearing this wrap. It looks like it'll feel like giant hug. When I am finished, I'll post the final. This site is great, by the way. I love reading about all your busy hands and beautiful projects. What a wonderful way to express yourself.

~Anne

2 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Steph said…

    lovely work! I really like the color as well.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger J said…

    It's great to see your progress on this capelet. It's on my to knit list.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home