Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Midwest Moonlight- shorten row?

I started Midwest Moonlight (knit picks merino style) and it seems wide. How many of you alum's of this pattern experienced this- did you cut one of the lace/solid row repeats or are you folding it in half when worn? Just curious. (I've only done a few inches so I can be "curious"... once I do a few more, I will be "committed.")

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger StudioBlue said…

    It does make a fairly wide scarf which I do end up folding in half when I wear it.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said…

    I did mine with fingering weight yarn, and it was still plenty big. I figured I could use the same yarn, and cut the pattern in half to have a nice skinnier scarf.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Dave Palmer said…

    i just made one as the pattern reads, i am going to block it out longer and narrower, i think next time i make this, i will only do 4 or five of the pattern repeats instead of six. i used a sport wt. yarn and size 4 needles, still a lovely scarf.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home