Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, February 06, 2006

Ene's Shawl progress!

Sorry for the fuzzy picture....

I'm working on Ene's Shawl, which I love and I'm actually futher along than this pic would indicate. You see I had several hours of Superbowl knitting time available to me after I took this pic. I'm now 2/3rd of the way through Chart 3 for the first time. I'm loving this colorway and Ene has made me fall in love with lace knitting. Now, I'm not really a shawl wearer, but then someone very wise (whose name I cannot remember) said "That's because you haven't met the right shawl yet". See, I'm really clumsy when it comes to my clothes. So, I'm going to try very hard not to snag it, pull it, or catch it on velcro or anyother such damaging event once this is finished. Oh yeah, and I won't leave it out for the kitties to eat either (they love wool).

Here's a less fuzzy pic:

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Ina said…

    Very pretty! What's the yarn?

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I was thinking the same thing! If you scroll down, you'll see that I'm also plowing through Ene, and loving it (although I've made some mistakes, I'm perservering. I had considered doing a variegated yarn, but couldn't find anything I liked? Yours looks great, what are you using?

    Wendy

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Chicago Jen said…

    Ooops! Sorry, it's Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace in Lakeview. I love it and I've got two other colorways, Sanddune? and Iris Garden. Can't wait to figure out what I'll do with them. I'll probably do another Ene with the Iris garden, tho.

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I thought about Lorna's Laces - darn, now I may have to knit it again. Yours really looks like its going to turn out beautiful.

    Mine is finished, however,needs blocking. I will post a picture as soon as that delightful task is accomplished.

    W

     

Post a Comment

<< Home