Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, February 10, 2006

My first FO

Hi everyone! I have finally finished my first item from Scarf Style. I cast on for ruffles last fall, but didn't like my yarn choice (it seemed too stiff), so I ripped it. But I've done miles of endless ribbing, and I have a FO! My first FO that I get to keep this year! And I love it!!!!


(Sorry for the crappy bathroom-mirror shot - The Husband is at work).

Details:

Pattern: Turtleneck Shrug by Teva Durham from Scarf Style
Yarn: Knitpicks Merino Style in Petal - 6 skeins
Needles: Clover Bamboo DPN US 7
Dates: Started early Jan, finished Saturday February 4.
Mods: I used a DK weight yarn, pattern called for worsted. I really wanted to use this yarn though, as it is so freaking soft.
Thoughts: I think it turned out really well. I didn't feel the need to add stitches, as it is ribbed and would stretch. And I really like the way it fits - not baggy, but not tight either. I put it on for this picture about three hours ago and have yet to take it off. Did I mention that it is so freaking soft? I cannot wait to wear this all the time. So worth the hours of endless ribbing for the final product. Go make yourself one now!

I have planned many more projects from the book, but not any in the immediate future. But I'll be back!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Anne Elser said…

    It is beautiful! I love its simplicity. I bet it's practical, too. And that color is delicious. It's great on you. This is one project I've wanted to knit for some time now. I think I might even use the same yarn you used. So you've inspired me! You're terrific!

    ~Anne

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Great job -- and I like it in pink!

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said…

    Really cute! nice job! I love the color! I just finished this shrug too, isn't it fun to wear?

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger miss ewe said…

    Awesome job! I've been searching for a good alternate yarn to knit this shrug with since I bought the book, and I think you've found it for me! Thanks for including your modifications and thoughts.
    It looks great on you... enjoy wearing it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home