Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, February 10, 2006

My first FO

Hi everyone! I have finally finished my first item from Scarf Style. I cast on for ruffles last fall, but didn't like my yarn choice (it seemed too stiff), so I ripped it. But I've done miles of endless ribbing, and I have a FO! My first FO that I get to keep this year! And I love it!!!!


(Sorry for the crappy bathroom-mirror shot - The Husband is at work).

Details:

Pattern: Turtleneck Shrug by Teva Durham from Scarf Style
Yarn: Knitpicks Merino Style in Petal - 6 skeins
Needles: Clover Bamboo DPN US 7
Dates: Started early Jan, finished Saturday February 4.
Mods: I used a DK weight yarn, pattern called for worsted. I really wanted to use this yarn though, as it is so freaking soft.
Thoughts: I think it turned out really well. I didn't feel the need to add stitches, as it is ribbed and would stretch. And I really like the way it fits - not baggy, but not tight either. I put it on for this picture about three hours ago and have yet to take it off. Did I mention that it is so freaking soft? I cannot wait to wear this all the time. So worth the hours of endless ribbing for the final product. Go make yourself one now!

I have planned many more projects from the book, but not any in the immediate future. But I'll be back!

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Anne-Davnes said…

    It is beautiful! I love its simplicity. I bet it's practical, too. And that color is delicious. It's great on you. This is one project I've wanted to knit for some time now. I think I might even use the same yarn you used. So you've inspired me! You're terrific!

    ~Anne

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    It's really pretty. Good for you!

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger strawberryfever said…

    It looks great !! I cast on for this using some luscious Lorna's Laces ( sherbet colorway ) last September, and just picked it up recently to finish - I finished it on the same day as you !! I love it as well, although it might be a bit too hot, I think going for the lighter yarn might be a bit more practical. You're so smart ! Great job, and I have to agree, the color looks Fabulous on you !!

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger mikal said…

    This was the first scarf that I wanted to make after I purchased the book. I have the yarn, but never did make it. I think maybe I should go back to it now. Yours is soooooo beautiful! Oh, and thanks for sharing your stats with us. It's always good to know. I'm going to try some of the yarn from Knit Picks in the future.

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Great job -- and I like it in pink!

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said…

    Really cute! nice job! I love the color! I just finished this shrug too, isn't it fun to wear?

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger miss ewe said…

    Awesome job! I've been searching for a good alternate yarn to knit this shrug with since I bought the book, and I think you've found it for me! Thanks for including your modifications and thoughts.
    It looks great on you... enjoy wearing it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home