Yarn: Noro Silk Garden #211, 11 skeins (10 for knitting, most of another for fringe)
Needles: US 8
I thought I was going to have to cast on more stitches than in the pattern, since I was using smaller yarn & needles, but it seemed too wide, so I started again with the same number of stitches as the pattern indicates. I did 47 rows of diamonds, and this thing is very long! I was able to block it to the width specified in the pattern (23") and it is 82" long (not counting the fringe). Looks like 39 rows of diamonds would have gotten me close to the 70" length of the one in the pattern, and would have used less yarn -- maybe 8 plus some of a 9th one for knitting, with enough left of that 9th one for fringe. I didn't care for the fringe as shown in the book, so I modified it -- I cut my yarn in 30" lengths (I think... I've slept a few times since then) and put one piece of fringe in each single crochet, then gathered them in groups of 8 (4 doubled strands) and knotted them, then did a second row of knots using 4 strands from one knot and 4 from the knot next to it, all the way across.
Anyhow, this was my first entrelac, and very entertaining!
Labels: Lady Eleanor