Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, February 14, 2005

*shrug*

Hey Stylers!

I am a latecomer to this knit-along and to the book. Although I had coveted it for many months, I didn't managed to pick it up until a few weeks ago. In order to catch-up I immediately started in on Teva Durham's Turtleneck Shrug in a lovely shade of blue-green Cascade 220. I am taking a brief break to work on a baby sweater, but here is what I have so far:



I am already in love with this interesting take on a scarf and can't wait to wear it.

I also just got some laceweight yarn from Knitpicks to start Ene's Scarf for my grandma. Has anyone knit this? I would love any advice you might have. Everyone's scarves look amazing! I love visiting this blog.

Knit on!

Nicole/Big Sister

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger splatgirl said…

    I can't wait to see your shrug finished. I have that on my list of things to make, but it might not happen this winter. That yarn color is lovely!
    Lara

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Familia HP said…

    Cascade can be a little rought, but I recently bought some Kookabura wool wash. It has lanolin in it and puportedly softens up wool by restoring the lanolin. I will report back when it is finished.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home