Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, February 07, 2005

here and there & ruffle

I'm on my second ruffle scarf:


The noro yarn was such a good idea (thanks carol). This isn't the softest yarn I've ever worked with but I love the color. Lots of fun to make.

And here is a Here and There Cable scarf I'm slowly making. The yarn is 100% merino from handpaintedyarn.com. It's super soft.



I'm trying to finish up a couple sweaters while it's still winter so these will probably stay in progress for a bit :-)

Thanks again Tipper for starting this knit along. I'm really enjoying seeing all the projects.

-Amber

3 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger CynCyn said…

    Hi Amber! The ruffles scarf with Noro is BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE the colors...almost makes me want to knit a ruffles, but I'm not very girly...would have to knit it for a friend. Very disappointing that it's not so soft. Will you be soaking it in some hair conditioner to soften it up?

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger verlit said…

    I am currently knitting a sweater from Noro and I am so much hoping I will have 2-3 skeins left. Ever since I saw the first Ruffle made from Noro I am dying to make one, too :-)

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger amber said…

    I'm going to wash the noro in euclan (spelling) which will hopefully soften it up. I used the Kureyon not silk garden. How much softer is the silk? The colors just make this yarn so fun to work with. And I just cant praise the merino enough. It's decadent.

    -Amber

     

Post a Comment

<< Home