Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

HELP HELP HELP: RUFFLES

first off: thanks for responding to the poll....it's fun to visualize what and where fellow scarffers are up to....

with that being said....I NEED HELP....AND I NEED IT QUICK BEFORE I THROW THIS BOOK OUT THE WINDOW....

ruffles....i'm pretty sure i'm doing it all wrong, because it feels weird and i keep ending up with too many stitches AND loose stitches is certain places.

my questions:
1. what cast on method did you use, what seems to work best?
2. are there any mistakes/updates that i should know about in the pattern?
3. are you supposed to always have 22 stitches?
4. for the KWTOG...i dont really understand this, can you please explain it to me in beginner-knitter words? do you stick you needle in the front part of the wrap, the back part of the wrap, and the stitch thats around the needle? therefore knitting 3 "strings" together??

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP....THANKS IN ADVANCE:)

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger jen said…

    Don't know if this will help, but here goes:

    1. what cast on method did you use, what seems to work best?
    Cable cast-on, as it's my standard method, but it shouldn't really matter.

    2. are there any mistakes/updates that i should know about in the pattern?
    Not that I'm aware of -- the pattern worked for me.

    3. are you supposed to always have 22 stitches?
    Yes.

    4. for the KWTOG...i dont really understand this, can you please explain it to me in beginner-knitter words? do you stick you needle in the front part of the wrap, the back part of the wrap, and the stitch thats around the needle? therefore knitting 3 "strings" together??
    I think Megan explained it well, but let me try , too:
    When I come to the stitched that's wrapped, I first insert my right needle into the front of the wrap, and then I think that I lifted it onto my left needle to sit next to the next stitch to be knit. Then, I knit the two of them together (only two strands). The wrapped stitch has a little bit of slack, so it shows slightly, but not too much. Hope that helps!

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Cristina said…

    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
    i took advice from both postings and were able to work out my glitch. i switched my CO method to long-tail which helped with my final stitch count....and for KWTOG i now throw the wrapped stitch on my left needle and then knit the 2 together. the advice was perfect and i'm happy and no longer frustrated anymore....THANKS LADIES!!!!!
    I'll def. post pics so you guys can see the final scarf when i'm done....*wink*

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    one year executive mba in india
    I've as of now bookmarked your site as the entirety of your article truly makes a difference. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this strategies.

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger luckys said…

Post a Comment

<< Home