Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, February 07, 2005

Like a Lemming....

After seeing all the beautiful Misty Garden pictures, I just couldn't resist. I even broke my YNBA to buy the yarn....


Mine is made of Queensland Collection Rare Comfort Mohair instead of the Jo Sharp mohair. Two different yarn stores told me they are the exact same thing, made by the same company, even using the same color numbers! Queensland Collection is slightly cheaper most places, so keep that in mind of you are interested in making this scarf and want to use the specified yarn.

I went with the color pictured in the book, which looks like a rose garden to me, but it was hard choice between that and a lovely mix of purples and greens which looked like a violet patch or a vineyard. Hmmm.. maybe I need to make two!?!

Spinning continues slowly on the yarn for Color on Color...

Anne in Colorado
http://whitestarsams.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger verlit said…

    That looks lovely. If you try the other colorway, make sure to share a picture with us :-) I would love to see what it looks like.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home