Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Blocking Ruffle - confessions of a Beginner Babe

Hello, My name is Knottie Knitter....and I don't know how to block....*gasp*....*weep*.

I just bought the Classic Elite Premium for Ruffles, and after reading the pattern, I realized that...I DONT KNOW HOW TO BLOCK!!!

After further investigation (via the knit-ernet) I realized that EVERYONE blocks EVERY project....AAAUUGGHH.....this raises some very important questions:

1. what have I been missing??
2. how the heck do i do this??
3. what does designer kate mean by "light blocking" for ruffles?????

HELP PLEASE!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger jen said…

    I made two Ruffles, and I didn't block either of them ... but if you wanted to get them nice and wet and then hang them on something, that might help to stretch them out (if you want that). :) Jenifer http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Cristina said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Cristina said…

    thanks jenifer! so, is blocking done to have the stitches settle in on themselves?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home