Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, February 03, 2005

I'm Just A Girl

Hello to all of you hard working scarf stylin' babes!!

I am a girl, and an uber femme one at that, so I was a total girl lemming and jumped right into Ruffles as my first project. I am working with a cashmere aran I got from AC Moore during their 25% off yarn sale recently. It is only 6% cashmere, the rest merino wool and it is butter soft. On my 10 inch bamboo size 7s, I am knitting a dream. Seriously, it is so nice. I am not a fiber snob in any way and have many projects going in acrylic (and, in fact, have recently decided I hate knitting 100% wool--true story) you can see in my blog, but I recently declared to the Granny Girl Squad, God and everybody, that I will always, ALWAYS have a project going with some sort of cashmere yarn.

Once I got the first few pattern repeats goin', I have found I can do Ruffles anywhere, especially on the train and in the bank. I'm a real estate lawyer and spend a lot of time in both places, ruffling away.

Here's a shot of my WIP:



Anyway, hope to start the double dog dragon and the here and there cables very very soon!!!!

xoxo,

Bevin
Jersey City, NJ
totallyknitting.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home