Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, February 11, 2005

Double Dog Dragon

Hello Scarf Stylers!!

Has anyone knit the Double Dare Doggy Dragon scarf? I was wondering how much of each color people have used and whether there was much left over per skein. As the yarn called for is completely expensivecore, my best knitting friend and blog partner in crime Sooner and I were thinking of going in on some yarn for it, thereby cutting expenses tremendously.

Also, if anyone has knit it using any substitute yarns, I'd be interested in hearing a report about that, too!

Still ruffling away in Jersey City and all over Manhattan,

Bevin
http://totallyknitting.blogspot.com

2 Comments:

  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger strangelittlemama said…

    Well, I'd try some of Knitpicks new yarns-- maybe the merino? I'm using them to sub a fair-isle sweater with ridiculous numbers of colors. That's quite a project to take on!
    Your blog is amusing!

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger CynCyn said…

    I'd also check over at webs (www.yarn.com). Check their 'clearance/garage' section. TONS of great sales on yarns. I'm not daring enough to try that scarf yet, can't wait to see progress pics!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home