Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, February 24, 2007

quick Backyard Leaves/blocking question

hey, yet another new member here(and maybe it's getting old, but thanks, Tipper ;D)...I'm almost finished with my first scarf from Scarf Style, Backyard Leaves(there is a pic of the first half in my blog, fyi) and I'm planning on blocking it, but currently I'm away at school and don't have all of the blocking resources I could use, so I'm waiting until I get home to block it, which will be later in March. still, I'd like to wear it/show it off a little bit now, even if in its puffy glory. the instructions say to block the item before sewing together, but I'm wondering if it's really that horrible to sew it together and block later(aside from the fact that it would be a lot longer). I'm a new knitter so I'm not so sure, so I thought it would be a good idea to ask. help me out and you'll have some leafy pics to look at in the near future ;) thanks

1 Comments:

  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Oh, I think that would work just fine. I finished this scarf recently and it's probably easier to block it in two pieces because of the length.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home